I made a lot of modifications to the QD site this weekend which means I also ran into a lot issues. There are so many working pieces (plugins, theme, etc.) that it seems almost impossible these days to just install something new without there being a fairly major issue. Well this weekend I was lucky and ran into multiple.
I have been using the Google XML Sitemaps plugin for WordPress for a long time and couldn’t be happier with the results. Not only is the plugin easy to install, easy to configure, but I believe it generates results that would be difficult to achieve without the plugin. I was installing this plugin on a new site this evening and during the process of configuring a Yahoo Application ID I remembered that I had been receiving an error on another site with the Yahoo Application ID so I decided to look into it.
I recently ran into an issue with load testing ruby on rails while attempting to post xml data to a ruby appplication via httperf. Everything seemed correct except I could not get httperf to post this data correctly. The issue ended up being that the httperf switch -add-header requires a \n at the end of your HTTP header to process correctly. The entire command to test against the ruby application is below.
I recently installed a really nice set of charts and graphs called XML/SWF Charts using the Ziya plugin for Rails. The nice part is that it costs only $45 for your entire domain. This license fee will remove the link when you click on the chart (it currently goes to their website) For the most…