Yesterday when extracting a ZIP file created with WinRAR I received dozens of errors during the process. The file I was extracting was generated from the entire Documents and Settings folder on a Windows XP computer and I was extracting it to the Desktop of another user on another computer. The issue is the fact that the path and/or filename exceeded the 260 characters which is set by WinRAR. Below I show some output from the errors received as well as two tips that should help resolve the problem.
I have been using Hashcat and oclHashcat a lot in recent weeks but have been limited to primarily using it on Linux servers so I decided to give it a shot on a couple Windows machines. Below I describe how I got oclHashcat operational on Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit on a desktop computer with a NVIDIA 9600GT GPU as well as operational on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit laptop with NVIDIA 9400G M GPU and a NVIDIA G210M GPU. Below is information on what needs to be done to get oclHashcat working on Windows 7.