Technology Insights

Upgrade A Redmine Project Management Installation That Uses MySQL

A friend of mine let me know about a vulnerability in Redmine today so I decided to upgrade to the latest stable release. Upgrading Redmine is easy but figured I would log the exact steps I took to upgrade from Redmine 0.8.3 to Redmine 0.8.7. The installation of Redmine I upgraded is running off of a MySQL database. Also the upgrade is easier since it was a minor version upgrade and didn’t require upgrading Rails, MySQL, or Ruby. The requirements for each Redmine version are located here in case you aren’t sure if you have the correct versions of Rails, Ruby, and MySQL installed.

Technology Errors

Redmine: Stuff To Do Plugin: Internal error: An error occured on the page you were trying to access

When installing the Redmine Stuff To Do plugin you might get the below error in your browser.

Error:
Internal error
An error occurred on the page you were trying to access.
If you continue to experience problems please contact your redMine administrator for assistance.

Upon further investigation you will probably see another error similar to the below in the production.log under your Redmine installation.