As noted in previous articles my laptops Windows 7 Ultimate x64 operating system install became corrupted after I attempted to install the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 update. I believe the issue was related to some sort of software conflict so not necessarily all SP1’s fault though you would think there would be some form of error checking involved in the install. I waited out the upgrade for over 8 hours but in the end it still failed out. Anyhow during the process of reinstalling Windows 7 x64 on my laptop and installing all of the applications that were installed previously I wanted to restore my Trillian chat history for all of the various Trillian Connections. Below I describe what connections were configured and what Trillian Connections chat logs were restored.
While looking into some minor issues with some third party applications on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit I needed to verify that Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 was installed. I initially looked in the Programs list but I did not find it there so I thought that it might not be installed. I went ahead and downloaded the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installation file and proceeded to install. The error below popped up and explained the proper location to verify the .NET Framework was installed.