I made a lot of modifications to the QD site this weekend which means I also ran into a lot issues. There are so many working pieces (plugins, theme, etc.) that it seems almost impossible these days to just install something new without there being a fairly major issue. Well this weekend I was lucky and ran into multiple.
A friend of mine let me know about a vulnerability in Redmine today so I decided to upgrade to the latest stable release. Upgrading Redmine is easy but figured I would log the exact steps I took to upgrade from Redmine 0.8.3 to Redmine 0.8.7. The installation of Redmine I upgraded is running off of a MySQL database. Also the upgrade is easier since it was a minor version upgrade and didn’t require upgrading Rails, MySQL, or Ruby. The requirements for each Redmine version are located here in case you aren’t sure if you have the correct versions of Rails, Ruby, and MySQL installed.
I recently noticed that the redirect from question-defense.com to www.question-defense.com was no longer working. Recently I updated WordPress and many of the plugins I have installed. The issue with this was some of the pages served from question-defense.com versus www.question-defense.com were serving different cached pages. After some investigating I thought the issue was related to caching however when caching appeared to b e turned off the issue still existed.