I was messing around with the CPAN the Perl world wide archive of resources earlier today and it was asking for the default location of ncftpget. By default this is no longer installed on CentOS so you will first need to install the EPEL repository and then install NCFTP using yum. Follow the directions below to install ncftp which includes ncftpput, ncftpget, ncftpbatch, ncftpspooler, and more.
With the release of Backtrack 4 final a few days ago I decided to make a post on installing backtrack in VMware. There are many ways to run backtrack including a hard disk install, a USB boot install and of course as a live cd. My preferred method is with VMware so I decided to document my steps in case there is any one who would like to install in this way.
I needed to see what Linux package installed netstat so I could attempt to install the netstat application on my laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit. I first thought that maybe there was a netstat package that installed netstat as a standalone application but that was not the case.
While looking into some minor issues with some third party applications on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit I needed to verify that Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 was installed. I initially looked in the Programs list but I did not find it there so I thought that it might not be installed. I went ahead and downloaded the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installation file and proceeded to install. The error below popped up and explained the proper location to verify the .NET Framework was installed.
rubygems.rb:578:in report_activate_error: RubyGem version error: rspec(1.1.11 not = 1.2.4) (Gem::LoadError)
Earlier when attempting to use request-log-analyzer on a new server I had just installed it on I got the error stated below. There are numerous updates to the gems I was using to fulfill all of the requirements of the request-log-analyzer gem. I went through and updated many of the gems until I ran into an issue with the hoe gem that required an update to rubygems. Once I upgraded rubygems everything worked properly without throwing any errors. I probably could have simply updated rubygems and things would have worked fine without upgrading all of the other gems it was complaining about.