Earlier while troubleshooting an issue for a client of mine I ran into an issue when testing HylaFAX’s sendfax via the CLI. The error complained of some font files that appear to have been previously upgraded by someone else on the server which is running a fairly old version of Ubuntu Linux. Anyhow the error along with the quick resolution to the issue are noted below.
This is what I had to do to get it to work on CentOS 5. For some reason, FreeType would not work with yum so I built it from scratch. I’m not sure if the all the “yum install”s were needed, but I did it anyway.
#yum install freetype — did not work
tar xvzf freetype-2.3.5.tar.gz