I have had a server running ISPConfig 2.x for quite some time and have been wanting to make the transition to ISPConfig 3.x as soon as I had a chance. That chance presented itself earlier this weekend and I am glad to say there were no major issues thanks to the amazing how to from Falco at HowToForge. After the installation and bringing numerous sites back online I had some outside the normal installation steps to complete. These steps included things like installing/configuring SNMP, installing/configure Nagios, etc.
All appeared well when I went to sleep meaning the servers seemed to all check out when was finished and ready to catch some sleep. Anyways when I logged on the following day to check all of the sites all was still functional besides a small DNS configuration error I had made with one sub domain which was not a big deal.