While working on a customers computer this past Sunday afternoon I ran into an issue with Windows Live Essentials while attempting to update all of his programs. The error relates to updating Windows Live Essentials only and can be resolved by either skipping the specified update or really by uninstalling Windows Live Essentials and then reinstalling the components that you use. Below I have noted details about the error followed by how to uninstall Windows Live Essentials 2011.
This is the second of three or four issues I ran into while building PHP via the Litespeed Admin Console. Each of the errors was caused by missing packages on a new development server I was bringing online. Below I describe the error in more detail, the cause of the error, and how the error can be corrected.
Yesterday I needed to upgrade a single application on CentOS Linux. First I figured out that the application was part of the coreutils RPM package which is currently only available up to version coreutils 5.97-23 on CentOS. The current coreutils package is already up to coreutils 8.5 and upgrading coreutils is near impossible on CentOS because of other package requirements that it needs. Below are instructions on how to download the coreutils source, build the coreutils applications in a new directory, and then upgrade one application.
Building CUDA-Multiforcer Error: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcutil, collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
While building the CUDA Multiforcer on CentOS Linux I ran into a couple of different errors. One of the errors is noted below in more detail along with how I was able to resolve the error. The problem ended up being that I didn’t build the common Nvidia SDK tools before proceeding with installing the CUDA Multiforcer which is compiled from within the Nvidia SDK directory.
It has been a long time since I built an RPM using a packages source so I had to brush up on my knowledge there before attempting to build an RPM package for CentOS today from curl’s source. In the process of building the curl RPM package for CentOS I received an error from rpmbuild stating that there was a rather large list of files that were unpackaged. Below I describe the rpmbuild unpackaged error along with a way to resolve the problem. I would love to hear any feedback people have on RPM building since it is not something I do on a regular basis my knowledge is limited.