I have looked in the past but never found a good tool for testing multiple browsers in both OSX and Windows however today I came across an Adobe product called BrowserLab that works great. The Adobe BrowserLab service is an online one that doesn’t cost any money and when I initially used it I only had to verify my email address and then I was off to the races testing websites in multiple browsers. Below I describe the accuracy of BrowserLab, the browsers you can test, and how easy it is to use.
I have been using Google Chrome for quite sometime and believe it to currently be the best all around browser. The browser is easily the most lightweight mainstream browser available and it appears to be gaining ground on the other popular browsers including FireFox, Safari, and Internet Explorer. There are still certain web sites and hardware that has internal browsers that require you to use FireFox or IE however that list continues to become shorter. Anyhow the current stable version of Google Chrome is 7.0.517.44 and I wanted to upgrade to the latest beta version which is Google Chrome version 8.0.552.28.
I have been on vacation for the past few weeks and every country I go to, when I open my home page which is Google, it goes to the Google page of that particular country. I have found this to be really annoying. The browser I am using is Google Chrome however I experienced the same behavior in Firefox. I looked through all the options and setting but it seems that the language settings only cover the text of the actual browser and not the language settings of the pages in the browser. After a little searching I found a simple fix.
After switching from Windows XP to Windows 7 on my new laptop I also changed my primary browser from Microsoft Internet Explorer to Google Chrome. I have been really happy with the results as Chrome is really lightweight and runs very smoothly. One thing I was initially not happy with was the fact that I used Google Toolbar all the time with Internet Explorer and it was not available for Chrome. I then spent some time researching all of the Chrome extensions I would need to install to simulate everything that I was able to do with the Google Toolbar installed in Internet Explorer.
A client computer recently had an issue launching Internet Explorer. Every time that you would click on Internet Explorer or Firefox the browser would attempt to launch and then immediately close. I finally decided to try and update AVG Antivirus and Antispyware but the update failed. At this point I was pretty sure that AVG was the issue so I attempted to uninstall AVG which also failed. Below I describe more information about the AVG uninstall error and how to remove AVG 8.5 from a Windows computer.