I received the below error when troubleshooting an issue reported to me by a client regarding one of their intranet web sites not working properly. After some poking around I noticed that there were numerous segmentation faults being reported in the Apache error logs. I had previously set up the server to dump core files when there were segmentation faults within Apache so troubleshooting the error was fairly easy. It ended up being a connection issue with an AS400 that was down over the weekend at the company and I was able to verify this using the below information.
I was hired to install some ZenCart plugins recently one of which included the Simple SEO URL add on. The installation was fairly easy besides a dependency that was missing which I will describe in a future email. After the installation was complete I got excited when I was ready to test but was let down when I got a 500 Internal Server Error back from the Apache web server. The virtual host that the client was using didn’t have Error Logs enabled so I had to enable them and wait until they started archiving. Below is a description of the errors in the Apache Error Logs and how I resolved the issue.