I have been using Angsuman’s Translator Plugin Pro to provide language translations on numerous WordPress blogs for a long time. Recently I noticed that when visiting translated pages the links contained within those translated pages were linking back to the default language which in my case is English. This makes trying to navigate through the site in a different language much more of a hassle.
WordPress mysqldump Backup Corrupted Because of Blob Fields in Angsuman’s Translator Plugin Pro MySQL Tables
During a recent WordPress upgrade I was performing I noticed an issue with the mysqldump of the WordPress database which was causing the actual .sql file backup of the database to not read properly. After investigating I noticed that the atpp_page_cache table from Angsuman’s Translator Plugin Pro included Blob columns that were not dumping properly with the default mysqldump syntax as shown below.
- mysqldump -u root -p databasename > db_backup_file.sql