Technology Errors

Zen Cart Ultimate SEO URL Install Error, cannot redeclare zen_reset_cache_data_seo_urls()

Earlier I was working on a Zen Cart site and ran into an issue installing the Ultimate SEO URL add-on. The Ultimate SEO URL add-on creates more SEO(Search Engine Optimization) friendly URL’s for Zen Cart. The site in question already had a previous version of the Ultimate SEO URL add-on installed and once I was finished the front-end of the site was working perfectly with the new SEO friendly URL’s. The problem was when I attempted to login to the admin portion of the Zen Cart site I was receiving a “500 – Internal Server Error” message. Below I have noted information on what was done to troubleshoot the problem as well as how the problem was resolved.

Technology Errors

WordPress Pretty Link Not Working, Pretty Link URL’s Open Blank Page

I received a comment on one of the QD posts earlier today that noted the Facebook link-share button posted an incorrect link on Facebook. These social media buttons exist on the bottom of each article on the Question Defense site. Initially when looking into the issue I was confused because he actual URL that was posted was correct meaning it posted the proper Pretty Link via the WordPress Pretty Link plugin however when I tested the actual link I was redirected to the proper domain but the page display was blank. Below is information on the troubleshooting process I used, what the problem ended up being, and how the problem was resolved.

Technology Errors

Simple SEO URL: Request Exeeded The Limit Of 10 Internal Redirects

I was hired to install some ZenCart plugins recently one of which included the Simple SEO URL add on. The installation was fairly easy besides a dependency that was missing which I will describe in a future email. After the installation was complete I got excited when I was ready to test but was let down when I got a 500 Internal Server Error back from the Apache web server. The virtual host that the client was using didn’t have Error Logs enabled so I had to enable them and wait until they started archiving. Below is a description of the errors in the Apache Error Logs and how I resolved the issue.