Yesterday when extracting a ZIP file created with WinRAR I received dozens of errors during the process. The file I was extracting was generated from the entire Documents and Settings folder on a Windows XP computer and I was extracting it to the Desktop of another user on another computer. The issue is the fact that the path and/or filename exceeded the 260 characters which is set by WinRAR. Below I show some output from the errors received as well as two tips that should help resolve the problem.Details
I have recently gotten a macbook pro to play around with so my next few articles will most likely cover getting the tools and such the way I want them on the mac book pro. The first thing I discovered is that many of the command line tools which I use every day such as nmap are available in the macports package which is a package management system similar to what I was used to in Linux.
I will details the steps I had to take to get macports installed:
Last night I was running some tools on a Windows 7 laptop and needed to list the drives. I am not very familiar with MS-DOS so I had to play around to find the information I was looking for. Luckily listing the drives and then querying drive information is easy to do from DOS in Windows 7. Follow the directions below to list the Windows 7 drives from DOS.Details
Recently Lots of people ave been asking about using autopwn in Metasploit. It used to be that it used a Sqlite3 database however the folks over at Metasploit say it is unstable and we should use Postgress. This article will be using the Backtrack 4 Linux Operating System so it may be different on another OS.Details
I received a comment on one of the QD posts earlier today that noted the Facebook link-share button posted an incorrect link on Facebook. These social media buttons exist on the bottom of each article on the Question Defense site. Initially when looking into the issue I was confused because he actual URL that was posted was correct meaning it posted the proper Pretty Link via the WordPress Pretty Link plugin however when I tested the actual link I was redirected to the proper domain but the page display was blank. Below is information on the troubleshooting process I used, what the problem ended up being, and how the problem was resolved.Details