Technology Insights

WordPress: Unable To Upload To The Media Library After Moving Servers

I recently moved a WordPress site from one location on a server to another location on the same server for a client. Everything seemed to work fine after following the directions in this article I had previously published. That article was specifically published for changing the domain that points to the WordPress site which could include simply changing the domain only or actually moving the site to a new server or new location on the same server and a new domain. If you are performing the second of those two options you may also need to update the “upload_path” depending on the configuration of the new server and if the paths are the same as they were on the initial server the WordPress site was installed on.

Details
Technology Insights

SVN Checkout Error: Malformed Network Data; Using TortoiseSVN or SVN CLI

I recently upgraded the Project Management Software, which happened to be Redmine, for a company and after the upgrade I received some complaints regarding SVN not functioning properly. I initially thought there is no way that the upgrade caused an issue with SVN since SVN and Redmine are completely separate however you can browse the SVN repositories from within Redmine. Below I describe the error in more detail including an image of the error from TortoiseSVN, what I did to resolve the issue, and another possible resolution if your issue is different than the one mentioned in this article.

Details
Technology Insights

ActionView::TemplateError (comparison of Fixnum with nil failed) on line #38 of app/views/layouts/base.rhtml

The below error is another error related to upgrading Redmine. I imagine part of the reason I had a lot of errors is because I hadn’t upgraded this installation of Redmine, which we really just use for development, for a long time. In fact the upgrade took this installation of Redmine from 0.8.3 to Redmine 0.9.3. After I completed all of the steps in the Redmine upgrade I attempted to bring up the Redmine site in my Chrome browser but I received a 500 error from the LiteSpeed web server. The resolution was easy and is displayed below along with more details regarding the error.

Details
Technology Insights

Adding Redmine Project Error: ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid (Mysql::Error: Unknown column projects_count in field list

I was working on a project today for a client and after the initial research I realized that the project actually warranted an entire sub project account in Redmine. The reasoning behind this was even though the project would be using the same Ruby project code as the primary project this specific side project would need to allow access to the tickets for one of our partners. The easiest way to allow the partners accounts access to only a specific set of tickets, their own wiki, etc. would be to generate a sub Redmine project underneath of the primary Redmine project. So obviously the first thing to do was to add the project so I could start configuring it and this is where I ran into the initial issue. I received an internal server error when attempting to add the sub project within Redmine. Below I describe the issue, what I think caused the issue, and the end resolution that allowed me to start adding sub projects within Redmine again.

Details