As noted in a previous article I was tasked by a client with figuring out why their Retrospect Backup software for Windows was not working properly. Since I was not familiar with Retrospect I had to troubleshoot from the beginning. I started troubleshooting on the Windows 2003 R2 server running Retrospect and was able to easily see the log files showing the errors backing up one of the companies Exchange servers. When I attempted to manually backup a single mailbox on the Microsoft Exchange server I was receiving the same errors. Below I describe the Retrospect backup error and then explain step by step how I was able to resolve the error.
Earlier today after restoring a MySQL database I was attempting to grant a specific user access to a specific database but was receiving an error. I ended up being able to resolve the issue easily by flushing privileges but I wanted to note in case I ran into this again or so others could find the information useful.
Earlier today I was working on some packages for Backtrack 5 and I ran into this java error. I was attempting to run a new reporting tool called Magic Tree which is a java application, but every time I opened it, it would crash with the following error.
I upgraded to WordPress 3.0 awhile back on the site where the below issue was noticed and in fact am running WordPress 3.1 on the site now. Today when attempting to block a new page from showing in the navigation bar via the Mandigo theme Theme Options screen I received an error complaining about permissions. I had to check to see if I had modified anything recently that could have effected these permissions but was unable to come up with anything. Turns out in the changelog that I keep the item that made the most sense was the upgrades from WordPress 2.X to WordPress 3.X. Below I describe the error in more detail followed by how to resolve the issue.
Tonight I was downloading some packages from a community FTP server I am a member of and noticed that the transfer speeds were not showing after I started to process the FileZilla FTP transfer queue. Initially I figured I must have unchecked a toolbar or accidentally modified a view setting without knowing it. After reviewing the FileZilla configuration I couldn’t find anything that specified the display of the transfer speeds. Below I show FileZilla when it is not displaying the transfer speeds when it is in the middle processing a queue, what steps I took to resolve the issue, and last but not least what FileZilla should display when it is processing files from the transfer queue.