Earlier today I was about to write an article but was first going to prepare some images for that article when I attempted to launch Photoshop. During the launch of Adobe Photoshop CS4 on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit laptop the application crashed which I have seen before and simply restarting the application resolved the issue. This time when I attempted to restart Photoshop the exact same thing would happen each time. Below I describe the specific error message that displayed during the Photoshop crash and what I did to resolve the problem.
I received the below error when attempting to run a setup.py script to finish installing a certain application. The application was being installed on a 64-bit CentOS Linux system and during the initial part of the install I had attempted to use 32-bit python which ended up causing a bunch of errors. After I believed that all of the errors were corrected I still received an i386 error message. Since I am not very familiar with Python setup scripts it took me a couple minutes to figure out what needed to be done.
I use Outlook 2007 to manage email and to schedule appointments or meeting requests. Recently Outlook crashed and required a scan of the PST file before it would operate properly again. All seemed to be working without issue and then one of my recurring meetings continued to alert me that it was time for the meeting which was incorrect. After dismissing the item it would continue to warn of the issue which lead me to believe that the recurring meeting entry had become corrupted. After poking around some more I was able to verify that the meeting was in fact corrupted and read about all sorts of various steps that could be taken to resolve the issue. After attempting many of those steps including the /cleanreminders switch the meeting still existed and was still corrupted. Below I describe the error in more detail and a simple way to resolve a corrupted recurring meeting entry in the Outlook 2007 calendar.
git: Error: Some Local Refs Could Not Be Updated; Try Running ‘git remote prune origin’ To Remove Any Old, Conflicting Branches
Lately I have been working on a Ruby project that has a bunch of different branches that various developers are working on. One of the development servers has multiple virtual hosts and at certain points in the code release cycle the various virtual hosts could be completely split from the main branch of Ruby code either because of a bug fix, a specific feature, or any number of other reasons. The other night I needed to bring one of the virtual hosts to a near production release to test some features of a product that uses the web application to record data and when I attempted to “git pull” I received an error which is described in detail below along with what I ended up doing to resolve the problem.
I had a Redmine ticket I had been working on with our customer support team at work. After working through the initial ticket that was loosely related to a customer initially ended up being a larger issue and I decided to move the ticket to an engineering project as that is where I actively work tickets typically. When I attempted to move the ticket I received an error stating that it had failed to save. Below I describe what the issue ended up being and how I temporarily modified a setting so I could move the ticket.