I booted up a server yesterday that I had not used in quite a long time and had some issues right from the beginning. I remembered the server working the last time it was live so I was assuming I could boot it up and test something on the ruby application that was installed on it. Anyhow when I attempted to connect to the web server, which is Litespeed, via a browser it would simply hang. Below is information regarding what I did to troubleshoot, what the error was, and how the error was corrected.
While compiling PHP on a Litespeed web server this evening I ran into multiple issues one of which related to the libxml2 package on the server. This can be confusing because on the server libxml2 was installed. Below is more information regarding the error located in the Litespeed Admin detailed log report which can be easily seen while compiling PHP from the web interface as well as information on what needs to be installed to resolve the error.
Earlier I was compiling the coreutils application on CentOS Linux and ran into an issue after using the “make” command. At first I was confused because I wasn’t doing anything complex but then I realized that I had simply mistyped an environment variable I had previously set. Below I describe the actual error, what was mistyped, and how I resolved the problem.
I typically use Hashcat and oclHashcat in a Linux environment however I wanted to play around with the Windows version which includes the Hashcat-gui. When attempting to run the Hashcat-gui on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit laptop to brute force a list of MD5 hashes I was receiving an error. The error is described below along with how it was resolved temporarily until a fix can be provided.
Earlier today I happened to check and see if Firefox was running the latest software and was surprised to see it looked like Firefox was stuck uploading. Once the download of the file started I didn’t think much else about it until I checked after an hour or so and saw that it was still trying to download an 11MB file. At this point I knew there was an issue with Mozilla Firefox as it appeared to be paused downloading the new version. Below I describe the error in more detail and how to reset the download of the new version of Firefox which in my case was 3.6.8.