Earlier I was working on a Zen Cart site and ran into an issue installing the Ultimate SEO URL add-on. The Ultimate SEO URL add-on creates more SEO(Search Engine Optimization) friendly URL’s for Zen Cart. The site in question already had a previous version of the Ultimate SEO URL add-on installed and once I was finished the front-end of the site was working perfectly with the new SEO friendly URL’s. The problem was when I attempted to login to the admin portion of the Zen Cart site I was receiving a “500 – Internal Server Error” message. Below I have noted information on what was done to troubleshoot the problem as well as how the problem was resolved.
Earlier when I plugged my iPhone into my laptop via USB to charge it I got a pop up error message stating that the sync process with iTunes could not take place because the iPhone backup was corrupted. I believe yesterday in the middle of syncing with iTunes I had to unplug my iPhone and it must have corrupted the backup that was in process. Fixing this problem is easily accomplished by deleting the backup file that iTunes stores. Below I have more details about the error itself as well as steps on how to resolve the issue.
Yesterday when extracting a ZIP file created with WinRAR I received dozens of errors during the process. The file I was extracting was generated from the entire Documents and Settings folder on a Windows XP computer and I was extracting it to the Desktop of another user on another computer. The issue is the fact that the path and/or filename exceeded the 260 characters which is set by WinRAR. Below I show some output from the errors received as well as two tips that should help resolve the problem.
I received a comment on one of the QD posts earlier today that noted the Facebook link-share button posted an incorrect link on Facebook. These social media buttons exist on the bottom of each article on the Question Defense site. Initially when looking into the issue I was confused because he actual URL that was posted was correct meaning it posted the proper Pretty Link via the WordPress Pretty Link plugin however when I tested the actual link I was redirected to the proper domain but the page display was blank. Below is information on the troubleshooting process I used, what the problem ended up being, and how the problem was resolved.
Earlier this week I got into a Windows registry mess because of issues syncing my iPhone with my Windows 7 laptop. For some reason the AutoPlay function stopped working so I had to get into the registry and manually delete some keys. Along the way I ran into Windows Registry Keys that I was unable to delete however by using the directions below you can delete any registry key. Please note that you should not modify anything in your Windows Registry without knowing what you are doing and also without making sure you have backed up the registry before you begin.