PostgreSQL 8.3 changed the way the Query and Index Statistics are configured from previous versions of postgreSQL including 8.2 and below. Things are technically easier now as the stats collecting is turned on by default and there are less commands to enter into the configuration to get all of the stats you will need. I had to look into this problem as I wanted to install some cacti postgres templates and the configuration stated to add the following lines to the postgresql.conf configuration file.
I noticed this error during a deployment of numerous servers that were configured with litespeed, postgreSQL, and ruby. The installation process was to install ruby, install ruby gems, install postgreSQL, install litespeed, and then sync up the web directory using SVN. After doing so connect via a browser to the server to test things out. On one server I was getting a “503 Service Unavailable” error. The lshttpd(litespeed) logs looked like the below example.
You might see this error when attempting to install various packages or gems on CentOS Linux. I noticed it when attempting to install the ruby gem named eventmachine. After installing one RPM package via yum I no longer received the error when attempting to install the eventmachine gem.
PostgreSQL authentication can be controlled using the pg_hba.conf file to specify what IP addresses have access to the postgres database. After making changes to this file you should never reboot the server but instead signal it to reload this configuration file. Follow the below steps to reload.
This article will assist in removing any annoying User Agent displaying for Windows Internet Explorer.
You are probably curious what this is after you saw it in some web logs of some sort. It is likely from a legitimate application you have installed as some form of add-on to Internet Explorer. I did a bunch of reading trying to find out exactly how it got there but ended up concluding that it could have been any number of third party add-ons I have added to IE. So anyhow then I decided I did not want it showing up as my User Agent so I attempted to remove it following the steps below.