Recently I was moving files from one directory to another on a CentOS 5.4 server and ran into an issue. When attempting to move every single file in the directory I received an error which is noted below. It took me a couple minutes but I figured out by trial and error that the issue was related to files starting with a “-“(dash) because the mv command thought that I was attempting to use a switch. The resolution is easy using “./”. Look at the below examples for more information about the error and how it was resolved.
I was required to install the Module Manager add-on for Zen Cart because it is required by the Simple SEO URL Zen Cart add-on requested by a client of mine. During the install process you visit the Module Manager section in the Zen Cart admin and I received an error complaining that a specific file did not exist. Below is a quick description of the error and what was done to resolve it.
This is the first in a series of Backtrack 4 articles I will be writing regarding the tools available within Backtrack 4. I am fairly new to Backtrack so please comment, teach me, ask questions, or whatever you prefer in the comments section below. I am going to try to go down the list of every single Backtrack 4 tool and write a complete description including instructions on how to use the tools. This first article is on 0trace (0trace.sh) which allows you to perform a traceroute from within an established TCP connection such as HTTP which will be demonstrated below.
A couple days ago I installed the Zen Cart Simple SEO URL add on for a client of mine. The SSU Zen Cart admin page was blank after following the instructions attempting to trigger the final installation steps by visiting a specific page in the Zen Cart admin. It appears I missed reading the “requirements” section of the installation instructions. Below is more information on the problem and how to easily resolve.
I was hired to install some ZenCart plugins recently one of which included the Simple SEO URL add on. The installation was fairly easy besides a dependency that was missing which I will describe in a future email. After the installation was complete I got excited when I was ready to test but was let down when I got a 500 Internal Server Error back from the Apache web server. The virtual host that the client was using didn’t have Error Logs enabled so I had to enable them and wait until they started archiving. Below is a description of the errors in the Apache Error Logs and how I resolved the issue.