Information Security

SQLMap won’t enumerate databases

Well, I run with psymera a CTF game and we are constantly adding new VMWare machines and new tests just to keep on playing and not get bored. As part of a internal training where I work I started to create some videos on how to use SQLMap (I promise to upload here shortly in a big rant about it) so I started on what everyone does: update your version.

And something interesting happened, sqlmap enumeration broke (gorgeous) but it didn’t look much like it, it baffled me at first, so much that I had to do all by hand and asked psymera if he changed something, he said no.

So this is the info of the updated sqlmap version to that date:

bash

  1. root@fsckOSX:/pentest/database/sqlmap# svn info
  2. Path: .
  3. URL: https://svn.sqlmap.org/sqlmap/trunk/sqlmap
  4. Repository Root: https://svn.sqlmap.org/sqlmap
  5. Repository UUID: 7eb2e9d7-d917-0410-b3c8-b11144ad09fb
  6. Revision: 4380
  7. Node Kind: directory
  8. Schedule: normal
  9. Last Changed Author: stamparm
  10. Last Changed Rev: 4380
  11. Last Changed Date: 2011-09-19 12:08:08 -0700 (Mon, 19 Sep 2011)

the SVN rev is 4380, latest at Sep 19th, here is the example of a run against the vulnerable web server with this revision.

Information Security

WordPress Site Redirected To tenderloin.osa.pl Via Search Engine Click Jacking

So earlier today I noticed a discrepancy in traffic to question-defense.com and because of a previous incident I knew exactly where to look. Sure enough a similar attack had been performed which we are coining Search Engine Click Jacking. In this case we are sure that a single files permissions were left open and the attackers were able to write PHP into the file which caused traffic being referred to our site from many of the major search engines to be redirected to tenderloin.osa.pl. Our site is built using WordPress however any site built in PHP with incorrect permissions on any files are vulnerable to this type of attack. Below is more information about the attack, how to search for the attack, and a simple bash script that will remove the infected code from PHP files on your web site.