I don’t know why I have never configured Trillian to block ICQ authorization requests before considering I get a couple every single day however I decided today was the day. ICQ authorization requests pop up when someone has requested to add you to their contact list which for me never happens unless I send someone my ICQ number via email or another form of media. Anyhow below are instructions on how to block those authorization requests from popping up all the time.
Block ICQ Authorization Requests In Trillian:
- Trillian Preferences: First open the Trillian Preferences window by selecting Trillian from the top navigation window in your Trillian client and selecting Preferences from the drop down. The Trillian Preferences window looks similar to the below example depending on the Trillian skin you are using.
- Identities & Connections: Now click the Identities & Connections button located under the Basics section of the Trillian Preferences window. This will open the Identities & Connections window as shown in the below image.
- ICQ Connection Settings: Now click on the ICQ connection which will display a Disconnect and a Settings button as shown in the below example image.
Click on the Settings button to open the ICQ Connection Settings configuration window as shown in the below example image.
- ICQ Privacy Settings: In the left navigation of the ICQ Connection Settings window click on privacy to display the Trillian ICQ Privacy Settings configuration window as displayed in the below image.
- Force Ignore Authorization Requests: Now put a check in the box next to “Forcefully ignore all incoming authorization requests” as shown in the below example image.
The change takes effect immediately and is saved automatically once you have checked the box so Privacy configuration window can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.
You should no longer receive the annoying authorization requests via ICQ in your Trillian client from the various spambots that issue these on a regular basis.