A client of mine purchased a new computer that had Windows 7 Home Premium on it however they needed some of the features available with Windows 7 Professional. By purchasing a Windows 7 Professional key you can upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional in a very short amount of time. At first I thought it would require the disk to upgrade however you can follow the simple instructions below to upgrade Windows 7 using Windows Anytime Upgrade.
Upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium To Windows 7 Professional:
- Windows Upgrade Anytime: Click the Windows 7 start menu icon and type “Windows Anytime Upgrade” into the search box as shown in the below image.
Click on Windows Anytime Upgrade underneath the list of Programs that appear to launch the Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade as shown below.
- Windows License Key: In the above window click Enter An Upgrade Key which will open the “Enter Your Upgrade Key” window as shown below. Type in the Windows 7 license you purchased online or in a store and click the Next button.
After entering the Windows 7 license upgrade key a window will flash while the key is verified as shown below.
Once the key is verified click the Next button.
- Accept License Terms: The next screen requires that you accept the Windows 7 upgrade license terms as shown in the below image. Click the Microsoft Software License Terms link to read the license and then click the I Accept button.
- Begin Windows 7 Upgrade: After accepting the Microsoft Software License Terms above you will be able to begin the Windows 7 Home Professional to Windows 7 Professional upgrade by clicking the Upgrade button shown in the example image below.
- Windows 7 Professional: After going through a couple upgrade screens including downloading updates from the Internet your Windows 7 Home Professional will now be upgraded to Windows 7 Professional when you see the below confirmation window which can be closed.
Thats all it requires. Windows has never been easier to upgrade!