Someone at work asked me today if I could download a Youtube video for them so they could burn it to DVD for some project. I remembered being able to do this with a Firefox plugin but had forgotten which plugin I previously used. After a quick search I came up with the 1-Click Youtube Video Download Firefox plugin which made the task really easy. Follow the directions below to download Youtube videos.
Download Youtube Videos:
- Launch Firefox: Open your Firefox browser.
- Install 1-Click Youtube Video Download Addon: Click here to visit the 1-Click Youtube Video Download add-on page. Click the green Add To Firefox button and then click the Install button in the pop-up window which will take a couple seconds before it will be available to be clicked on. After installing the addon you will have to restart Firefox so the addon is available.
- Open Youtube Page: Visit the Youtube video you want to download in your Firefox browser. Now that the 1-Click Youtube Video Download add-on is installed you will see three links located at the bottom right corner of the video near where the amount of views is displayed as shown in the below image.
- Download Youtube Video: Select one of the three available formats, which include FLV (Flash), MP4, and 3GP, and click the correct link noted in the above image. For instance if you choose MP4 you will click the MP4 link which will open a pop up window allowing you to browse to the location you want to save the Youtube video as displayed in the below image.
In the above example you can see that I am downloading some-youtube-video.MP4 to my desktop.
- Verify MP4 Youtube Video: Once the video download has completed you can open the mp4 video in Quicktime or another media player that will recognize the mp4 format.
The quality of the downloaded videos is really good considering you are downloading directly from Youtube. This is by far the easiest solution I located and provided an easy one click method to download Youtube videos.