Tracking the online status off your Xbox Live friends is easy on your iPhone or iPod Touch using 1337pwn. This application will allow you to not only see the online status of your Xbox Live friends but you can also view their avatars, games played, gamer points broken down by game, and easily send messages to your friends (opens a Safari browser window). Below are a couple images of the application in action to give you an idea of how user friendly it is.
1337pwn iPhone Application: Xbox Live Friends List, Gamer Avatar, Friends Games Played
As you can see the interface is clean and easy to use. The 1337pwn iPhone application will provide an easy to use interface to track your Xbox Live friend online status and gamer points.
You can enter friends into the interface one at a time or you can actually import all of your friends at once which makes it much easier. Follow the steps below to import all of your friends from xbox.com into the 1337pwn.com iPhone application.
**NOTE: Please note that Internet Explorer is not supported for the import process so you must use FireFox, Safari, Opera, or Google Chrome. I personally tested FireFox which worked without issue.
Import Xbox Live Friends List Into 1337pwn iPhone Application:
- Open 1337pwn.com Import: Open a browser (FireFox, Google Chrome, Safari, or Opera) and visit http://1337pwn.com/import which will display like the below image.
- Open Xbox.com: Click the link in step 1 on the 1337pwn.com import form and make sure to log into the site if you are not automatically logged in. This link should take you directly to your friends list as shown below.
- Copy Entire Friends List:First select the entire page by clicking “Ctrl-A” (Windows) or “Command-A” (Mac) which will highlight everything on the page as shown in the below image. On Windows copy the contents by right clicking on the page and selecting Copy from the pop up menu also shown in the image below. On a Mac click the Edit link in the top navigation menu and select Copy from the drop down.
- Paste Friends List Contents:Now back to step 4 on the 1337pwn.com import page and paste the contents you just copied from your xbox.com friends list as shown in the below image.
- Parse Friends List Contents: Move on to step 5 and press the Parse Friends button to extract the list of your friends into the box in step 6 as shown below.
- Clean Up Friends List: After you are done extracting you will more than likely need to clean up some of the content that has been inserted from the top and bottom of the extracted friends list. Notice in the image above the friends actually start with a capital B so there are multiple lines above that which should be deleted. Below is an example of a clean list of friends after being extracted and slightly modified.
- Finalize Form & Send:Now enter an email address that you can receive email on your iPhone for, the captcha letter combination, and then the Send Import List button which will pop up a success message as shown below.
Once you click the button an email will be sent to that email address and there will also be a URL displayed at the bottom of the page that can be entered into Safari on the iPhone to finalize the import as shown below.
- Open Email & Visit Link: Please note that the email from 1337pwn.com was in my Gmail Spam folder so I had to go mark it as “Not Spam” before I received it on my iPhone Gmail client. Now open the email on your iPhone or open Safari and type in the direct link provided in the image above to begin the import process. At first Safari will open but it will immediately shut and the 1337pwn.com iPhone application will open with the verification message shown below.
- Continue Import Process: Click the Add Friends button shown in the image above to continue the import process. A little blue status bar right above the list of friends showing the import process will display as shown below.
- Verify Friends List:Once the blue status bar reaches the other side of the iPhone screen all of your Xbox Live friends will appear within the 1337pwn.com application. I recommend verifying that all of your friends made it through the import process and that friends that are not yours were not added. If you did not verify the extracted list in step 6 it is possible that a friend was dropped or an extra friend added.