If you have enabled the Google Search History feature then every time you search for anything via Google then it will be stored and you can browse this data at a later date. At some point when you sign up for a Google account you will be asked if you want to enable the Google History feature which can be enabled or disabled at any time. The cool thing about this is everything you do will be tracked so if you visited a site a month ago but you cannot remember specifically what it was you can actually go back in your Google History to obtain the details about that site so you can visit it again. Google History will also allow you to know how often you have searched for a certain term, how many terms you searched for each day on Google, or how many web pages visited every day via Google.
If Google Web History is enabled this feature will track the history of each of the below items.
- Web: Terms you searched for on Google and the pages you visited after each search.
- Images: Terms you searched for on images.google.com.
- News: Terms searched for on news.google.com.
- Products: Terms searched for on products.google.com.
- Sponsored Links: Any ads you may have clicked on.
- Video: Terms searched for on video.google.com.
- Maps: Terms or addresses searched for on maps.google.com.
- Blogs:Terms searched for on blogsearch.google.com.
- Books: Books you searched for on books.google.com.
Each of the above subjects stores data for at least 6 months and there may be items at some point that you may want to delete without having to delete the entire history of any or all sections above. If you want to delete a couple of items then use the below information to do so.
Delete Single Items From Google History:
- Login To Google History:First just login to Google History located at www.google.com/history.
- Open History Section: Now click on the section where you want to delete a specific item such as Web, Images, News, etc.
- Delete Specific Item: Now click the “Remove items” link located below the list of sections in the left navigation column. Once you click this link you will notice that each item will have a check box next to it which is what you will put a check in to delete an item. Check the item you want to delete and then click the Remove button located at the top or bottom of the list of history items.
You can delete just the one item or you can select as many items as you want to delete from the history. If there is ever a specific time where you do not want Google to track your history in any section simply login to the Google Web History site and click the Pause link located in the left navigation which will pause all Google History tracking.