When posting to Twitter via the www.twitter.com web site there is not a function to upload pictures directly from the post window. The easiest way to associate an image is to use the third party service called TwitPic. If you consistently use the same service then you can also see a complete history of every image you have uploaded to your twitter posts by visiting the URL associated with your account. The other benefit of using Twitpic is the fact that if you have a Twitter account then you already have a Twitpic account that uses the same username and password. Follow the directions below to post an image when posting to your Twitter account using the web interface at www.twitter.com.
Associate A Photo To A Twitter Web Post:
- Login to Twitpic: First visit www.twitpic.com and login using your Twitter username and password. If you typically post via your iPhone or other mobile device using something like Twitterific or Twitfire then you may already have images associated to your account even if you have never directly logged into Twitpic.
- Open Upload Page: To begin the upload of an image click the “Upload Photo” link in the top right navigation which opens the upload image page as shown below.
- Image Details: Now click the Browse button and navigate to the image you want to upload from your computer. You have the option to also write a message that will be posted along with a link to your image on Twitter. You also have the option of only posting the image to Twitpic by putting a check in the check box below the “Add Message” window. The check box has the following text to the right of it, “Check this if you do not want this photo posted to your Twitter account”.
- Upload & Post: Once all of the details have been entered click the “upload” button to begin the upload process. Be patient as this may take a little while depending on the size of the image you are uploading and the speed if your Internet connection. Once the upload is complete you will be redirected to a confirmation page that looks like the below.
- Verify Upload: Click the “View Photo” link in the middle of the page shown above to view the image you have uploaded. After verifying the picture uploaded correctly open Twitter in a new window to make sure the post details along with a link to the image you uploaded are displaying correctly.
Twitter is a great tool to market yourself personally and professionally. It is fun to keep friends and family updated on what you are up to though some people take it a bit to far. :)