You can edit any part of a ticket within Redmine though sometimes it is not always straight forward. I was shuffling around the way tickets are classified in one of our projects and wanted to move tickets from one Tracker classification to another and was unable to do so by Updating or Editing the ticket. Then I realized by moving the issue you can not only move the issue between Projects but you can also move the ticket between Trackers.
Modify a Redmine Issue Tracker:
- Open Redmine:First login to your Redmine installation.
- Open Project:Now click on the Redmine project that has the Issue where you want to change the tracker.
- List Issues:Click on the Issues tab in the top navigation menu to list all of the issues for a specific project within Redmine.
- Open Issue Edit Menu: You can get to the Edit Menu of an issue by right clicking the issue in the list of issues as shown below.
- Modify Tracker: The Move configuration page is where you can move an issue between Projects or you can just move the issue to a new Tracker as shown below.
- Save & Verify: Now click the Move button to save the issue under a new Tracker. Now in the list of issues you will know see the issue you modified is listed under a new tracker.
You can move a issue at any time between projects or between trackers or both.