Every single time I plug in my iPhone to my Windows XP computer I get a pop up window asking how I want to handle the images from the iPhone. The most annoying part of this is there is no way from that pop up to tell the computer that you don’t want to be asked every single time. The good news is that it is really easy to tell your computer you do not want to be asked every single time. Follow the instructions below to turn off the pop up every time you plug in your iPhone to your Windows XP computer.
iPhone Pop Up on Windows XP:
Windows XP: Disable Auto Play Pop Up for iPhone
- Plug In iPhone:First make sure your iPhone or iPod Touch is plugged into your computer and finished syncing with your iTunes.
- Open Control Panel:First open your control panl by clicking on the Start menu and selecting Control Panel from the pop up navigation. A view of the control panel is shown below.
- Open Scanners and Cameras: Now double click on the “Scanners and Cameras” link to open a list of the scanners and cameras currently connected to your computer.
- iPhone Camera Properties: Right click on the iPhone in the list of Scanners and Cameras to display a menu as shown below.
Select Properties from the menu to open the iPhone camera properties configuration window as shown below.
- Modify iPhone Camera Events: Click on the Events tab in the iPhone camera properties configuration window as shown below.
Select the “Take no action” radial and then click the Apply button to save. OK out of this configuration window and close the Control Panel.
- Verify No Pop Up: Now unplug your iPhone and plug it in again to trigger the synchronization process with iTunes. You should no longer receive a pop up from the Windows Auto Play feature.
Now you can plug your iPhone into your Windows XP computer without having to close out the Auto Play prompt every time.