Litespeed was server is a nice light weight server that you can obtain the standard version of for free. To install a SSL certificate you will first need to generate a SSL key followed by a CSR to provide to the certificate authority.
Follow the directions below to generate a key on Litespeed followed by a CSR and then install the certificate provided.
- Litespeed Cert Directory: You want to issue the below commands from the cert directory so change into the proper directory.
- cd /litespeed-root/conf/cert
- Generate Litespeed SSL Key: Issue the below command to generate a ssl key that does not require a password on Litespeed.
- openssl genrsa -out server.key 1024
- Generate Litespeed CSR: Now use the below syntax to create a CSR for the domain you are installing SSL for.
- openssl req -new -key server.key -out server.csr
You will be required to enter in some information such as State, City, Department, Contact Email, and most importantly domain.
- Install SSL Certificate: Now install the SSL certificate. Select Configuration from the top navigation menu and choose Listeners from the drop down. Click view/edit by the SSL listener where the certificate will be installed and then select the SSL tab. Now click Edit in the top right corner of the “SSL Private Key & Certificate” configuration window. Enter the location of the key and crt files on the server. Click the Save link to save the new settings.
Thats all you have to do to install a SSL certificate on Litespeed.