If you have lost your ZenCart admin password it can be reset as long as you have access to PHPMyAdmin on the server or direct access to the MySQL database. If you have lost the admin password however the admin account is configured with your email address you can simply use the “Resend Password” link located at the bottom of the admin login box to have a new password sent to you. If that doesn’t work or your email address is not configured for the admin account the easiest way to modify the Admin password will be to login to the server via SSH and follow the directions below.
Manually Change ZenCart Admin Password:
- SSH To ZenCart Database Server:First login to the ZenCart MySQL database server via SSH.
- Login to ZenCart MySQL:Now issue the below command to login to your ZenCart MySQL database from the CLI.
- mysql -u zencart-db-user -p zencart-db
- Issue MySQL Update Command: Issue the below command to modify the Admin users password information.
- DELETE FROM admin WHERE admin_name = 'Admin'; INSERT INTO admin (admin_name, admin_email, admin_pass, admin_level) VALUES ('Admin', 'admin@localhost', '351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b', 1);
You may have to modify the above statement if there was a table prefix added during installation.
- Verify ZenCart Admin Login:Now verify the ZenCart Admin login works properly using user “Admin” and password “admin”.
The information above was obtained from ZenCart’s web site but was added here in case someone used a different search term to locate the information. You can also use the above SQL inserted into phpMyAdmin to accomplish the same goal.