I wanted to remove the album titles from displaying within viewer.swf when using SimpleViewer Pro to display my NextGen Gallery image galleries. Removing the title is easy by modifying one option in an ActionScript file, publishing the .fla file, and then uploading viewer.swf to your web server. All of these details are described below in a step by step format. The reason I chose to remove the title is because the album title is already displayed at the top of the pages within the WordPress pages.
A picture of an album showing the title is below. Notice the title shows twice because of the WordPress page title.
Now the album with the title removed is shown below.
Not only will the SimpleViewer Pro version be required but also Adobe Flash will be required so if you do not have it you can download a 30 day free trial here. Follow the instructions below the modify the image caption location.
- Open Options ActionScript: Open the Options.as file located in the simpleviewer_pro\source\com\airtightinteractive\apps\viewers\simpleViewer directory.
- Modify Caption Setting: Now modify the setting that decides if the Title is displayed or if it is not displayed. The setting that needs to be modified is showTitle. Locate that variable in the Options.as file and modify it from true to false so it looks like the below.
- static var showTitle:Boolean = false; //Whether to show gallery title
Once the change has been made save the file.
- Publish New SWF: Now republish the .fla file to generate a new .swf file. This can be completed by opening Adobe Flash and navigating to the simpleviewer_pro\source folder and opening simpleviewer.fla. Now click on File in the top navigation menu and select Publish from the drop down. This will generate a new viewer.swf file located in the simpleviewer_pro\web directory.
- Upload SWF File: Now upload the new viewer.swf file to your web server under the wp-content/plugins/nggflash-swf folder to push the changes live on your server.
You should now be able to refresh any of your image galleries using SimpleViewer and immediately see no album title displayed within the viewer.swf interface. If the caption text still appears in the same location the chances are that your browser has cached the older file so clear your browser cache and try again.