I was trying to install and work with Simple Ticket, a rails customer support ticket system, which required a really old version of rails. The goal was to have an easy ticketing system as a temporary solution until a permanent system could be put in place later. So one of the requirements for installing Simple Ticket was to freeze rails at version 1.1.6.
So during the attempt to freeze rails at version 1.1.6 I received the below error.
- rake rails:freeze:edge TAG=rel_1-1-6
- (in /home/web/support)
- cd vendor
- Downloading Rails from http://dev.rubyonrails.org/archives/rails_edge.zip
- Unpacking Rails
- rm -rf rails
- /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/fileutils.rb:1297: command not found: unzip rails.zip
- rm -f rails.zip
- rm -f rails/Rakefile
- rm -f rails/cleanlogs.sh
- rm -f rails/pushgems.rb
- rm -f rails/release.rb
- touch rails/REVISION_0a887e2386a827f554c685dccf91701bb38422b5
- rake aborted!
- No such file or directory - rails/REVISION_0a887e2386a827f554c685dccf91701bb38422b5
- (See full trace by running task with --trace)
The issue ended up being simple enough to resolve by installing the unzip package via yum as shown below.
- yum install unzip
After installing unzip I was able to freeze rails without issue.