When pgbench results are provided they are shown as TPS or transactions per second.
Below is an example of pgbench being used.
- bash-3.1$ pgbench -Upostgres -s 10 -c 10 -t 3000 pgbench
- starting vacuum...end.
- transaction type: TPC-B (sort of)
- scaling factor: 1
- number of clients: 10
- number of transactions per client: 3000
- number of transactions actually processed: 30000/30000
- tps = 251.358621 (including connections establishing)
- tps = 251.468863 (excluding connections establishing)
In the above example the transactions per second averages 251.