Follow these instructions to reset your Denon 3808ci.
- Turn Off Power: Turn off the power by pressing the little button next to the larger power button. The larger button is used to put your device in standby mode.
- Hold Up/Down Arrows: Now open the front panel of the Denon 3808ci. Press and hold the up and down arrows of the directional pad.
- Turn Power On: Turn the power on by pressing the little button next to the larger power button. Continue to hold the up and down arrows.
- Wait for Blinking: Wait a couple seconds for the lights in the front of the device to start blinking. Continue to hold the up and down arrows.
- Turn Off Power: Now turn the power off again by pressing the small button on the front of the receiver.
- Release Up/Down Buttons: Now let go of the up and down buttons you have been holding.
- Verify: Verify your device is functioning properly. You will need to reconfigure anything you had configured on the device previously.
This should resolve your issue and while its a pain to have to reconfigure the device settings it is much better than having to return to the store for maintenance.