Importing contacts from Outlook Express into ICDSoft’s webmail is easy. First you need to export the contacts from Outlook Express’s address book. Follow the first set of instructions below.
- Open Address Book: Open up Outlook Express and click on the Address Book.
- Start the Export: Click File, then click Export, and choose the type of export as Other Address Book.
- Choose Export Type: Choose Text File(Comma Separated Values) and then click Export
- Choose Location and Name: Now type in a name for the exported file, browse to the proper location, and then click Next. The file will have a .csv file ending for Comma Separated Value.
- Choose Values: Now choose the items to export. The default should be fine but make sure it includes only the following: Name, E-Mail Address, Home Street, Home City, Home Postal Code, Home State, Home Country/Region, Home Phone, Business Street, Business City, Business Postal Code, Business State, Business Country/Region, Business Phone, and Job Title.
- Finish Export: Now click Finish for the last step in the export process.
- Confirm: A message will pop up to let you know the export is complete so click OK to confirm. Then close out the Address Book Export Tool.
Now open up ICDSoft’s webmail and login. Then follow the simple instructions below to import.
- Open ICDSoft Address Book: Just click on the Address Book link once logged into ICDSoft’s webmail.
- Import: Click on the CSV Import/Export link.
- Choose File: Click browse to locate the file.
- Import: Once the file has been located then click Import.
- Verify: The ICDSoft webmail application will show how many success and/or failures you have had importing the contacts from Outlook Express.
If you have any issues make sure to check the fields you are exporting from Outlook Express.