To create a desktop shortcut to your ICDSoft webmail that automatically logs you in follow the below instructions.
- Visit Webmail URL: Open IE or FireFox and type in your domain forward slash webmail such as: http://www.example.com/webmail. You will be redirected to http://mbox.example.comwhich is your webmail login and will look like the below.
- Create Shortcut: Now right click anywhere on the web page and choose “Create Shortcut”. This will send a shortcut icon for this web site to your desktop. It will look like the below.
- Shortcut Properties: Now find the shortcut on your desktop and right click it and left click properties which will open up the properties for this webmail shortcut.
- Modify URL: Now you want to modify the URL from http://mbox.example.com to the following: http://mbox.example.com/index.php?username=YOURUSERNAME&password=YOURPASSWORD.
- Save Settings: Click the Apply button followed by the OK button.
- Test: Now double click on the icon located on your desktop now it will automatically open the webmail URL and log you in.
The idea is to allow people to view their webmail without having to remember their passwords. This is extremely useful for people who have to check multiple email accounts. It is recommended to always lock the desktop if this method is used so there cannot be unauthorized access to your email.