Rolled out an SVN file a bit early? Thought you fixed a problem but accidentally made it worse? Rollback the file by using the following example.
In the below example the current SVN revision is 102 and the file was accidentally upgraded to soon from version 101 to version 102.
- Verify Same File: svn diff -r 102:101 file-name
- Rollback: svn merge -r 102:101 file-name
- Verify Change: svn diff -r 102:101 file-name
- Tell svn Things are OK: svn resolved file-name
- Checkin File: svn ci file-name -m “rolled back file-name from 102 back to 101”
That’s it. You can also use the “svn status” command to see the revision of files, etc.