Posts Tagged “rubygems”

Earlier this afternoon I was working on a development server that has a web server, a PostgreSQL database, Ruby, and rubygems installed on it. I was curious to find out if a specific gem I was about to install had any dependencies or other gems that would also be installed as dependents of the gem I wanted to test. Below I describe how to find out the dependencies of a specific gem by querying the remote server but also how to download a specific gem version to see what gems are dependents.

Read the rest of this entry »

DeliciousStumbleUponDiggTwitterFacebookRedditLinkedInEmail
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments No Comments »

I ran into a error when installing the first gem on a CentOS development server I was creating. The error states that the extconf.rb file could not the header files. Below I show the output of the error along with what was done to resolve the error.

Read the rest of this entry »

DeliciousStumbleUponDiggTwitterFacebookRedditLinkedInEmail
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments 2 Comments »

I recently setup a new server with Ruby and Rubygems however I received an error when attempting to install my first gem which happened to be ruby-lsapi. Below I explain the error including an example of the error in the output of installing a gem as well as what was done to resolve the error.

Read the rest of this entry »

DeliciousStumbleUponDiggTwitterFacebookRedditLinkedInEmail
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments 2 Comments »

While prepping a development server earlier this afternoon I ran into an issue installing the rmagick gem. This was one of a list of 30 or so gems required by a Ruby project that was being installed onto the development server. I thought initially something else was wrong because I had run into this issue before but I thought I had installed ImageMagick via the yum package manager to resolve the problem. Anyhow after verifying ImageMagick was installed I still had the same issue on the development CentOS Linux server. Below I describe the error in detail along with what was done to resolve the issue.

Read the rest of this entry »

DeliciousStumbleUponDiggTwitterFacebookRedditLinkedInEmail
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments 13 Comments »

While creating a development environment for a Ruby project earlier I ran into an error installing some of the gems required by the project. I realized that I had installed an older version of RubyGems which was causing problems with some of the gem dependents that needed to be installed. Below I list one of the examples of the errors I was running into and how I resolved the issue.

Read the rest of this entry »

DeliciousStumbleUponDiggTwitterFacebookRedditLinkedInEmail
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments No Comments »