Posts Tagged “rails”

If you you receive the following with a Ruby on Rails site:

Ruby On Rails Error:

Only specific requests are allowed.

ActionController::MethodNotAllowed
Only get, head, post, put, and delete requests are allowed.

The solution is to kill existing web/app server processes and restart the web/app server. Then, reload the page.

Agile Web Development with Rails, Third Edition (Paperback)

By (author): Sam Ruby, Dave Thomas, David Heinemeier Hansson


List Price: $43.95 USD
New From: $4.73 USD In Stock
Used from: $0.01 USD In Stock

Advanced Rails (Paperback)

By (author): Brad Ediger


List Price: $34.99 USD
New From: $4.90 USD In Stock
Used from: $0.01 USD In Stock

DeliciousStumbleUponDiggTwitterFacebookRedditLinkedInEmail
Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments No Comments »

Earlier I switched one of the Litespeed web server virtual hosts from production mode to staging mode and after gracefully restarting rails was receiving a 503 Service Unavailable error. Initially I thought that maybe Litespeed had to be restarted completely instead of just a graceful restart but that produced the same results. Below I describe the errors including errors in the Litespeed logs as well as how to resolve the issue which ended up being a silly mistake on my part.

Read the rest of this entry »

DeliciousStumbleUponDiggTwitterFacebookRedditLinkedInEmail
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments No Comments »

I ran into an issue earlier where adding a sub project to an already existing Redmine project produced an error and after a little bit of troubleshooting determined that upgrading Redmine would resolve the issue. During the upgrade process I ran into some other issues including a specific migration error using rake that is noted below. The upgrade process involved upgrading Redmine 0.8.3 to Redmine 0.9.3.

Read the rest of this entry »

DeliciousStumbleUponDiggTwitterFacebookRedditLinkedInEmail
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments 2 Comments »

When I installed MacPorts 1.8.2 on MacOS X 10.5.8, it automatically changed my PATH in my .bash_profile file. To fix the “rubygems (LoadError)” error message, I moved the “/opt/local/bin” from the beginning of the PATH to the end as follows:

Read the rest of this entry »

DeliciousStumbleUponDiggTwitterFacebookRedditLinkedInEmail
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments 3 Comments »

I was troubleshooting an issue at work the other day regarding some PostgreSQL connections that were not closing. They were left IDLE, never closed, and eventually used up all of the possible connections (which totaled 100) configured in the  postgresql.conf configuration file. In the process of troubleshooting I noticed a bunch of Postgres log entries that I was unable to immediately pin down to what was causing the entries. Below I describe the view of the idle Postgres connections, the PostgreSQL log entries that were unfamiliar, and the cause of both.

Read the rest of this entry »

DeliciousStumbleUponDiggTwitterFacebookRedditLinkedInEmail
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments No Comments »