Posts Tagged “module”

The below is part of the output when receiving an error attempting to install the Perl DBD::mysql module using the CPAN shell. I rarely use the Perl CPAN shell since most of the packages are available on CentOS, my typical Linux distribution choice for servers, using the yum package manager. In this case I was working on installing Monarch on a server at work to assist with Nagios file management. Monarch allows you to backup the entire Nagios configuration files with the click of a button. Monarch will also provide a visual view of any Nagios build errors, Nagios configuration files (including users, user groups, services, check commands, etc.,), and more. So when attempting to build the Perl DBD:mysql module via the CPAN shell I received some errors which I initially did not understand because they did not explain the specific issue however I eventually located the problem which ended up being easy to resolve. Below I describe the error in detail as well as information on how to resolve.

Read the rest of this entry »

DeliciousStumbleUponDiggTwitterFacebookRedditLinkedInEmail
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments 2 Comments »

In the process of installing Monarch, which is a Nagios file manager, earlier I ran into a couple errors for modules I thought I had already installed. Then I realized the issue must be because during the process of installing modules Perl wanted to upgrade from 5.8 to 5.10 on CentOS. I went ahead and upgraded Perl however I left 5.8.8 intact since CentOS seems to rely on Perl 5.8.8 in many ways. Anyhow the full error I received is below as noted from the Apache error logs. You can easily resolve the below error by following the directions below.

Read the rest of this entry »

DeliciousStumbleUponDiggTwitterFacebookRedditLinkedInEmail
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments No Comments »

I am starting to learn ruby and am working on a test script to import some data into a MySQL database. I am using the below code found on kitebird.com to first get the MySQL connection from Ruby working. The code was producing an error which I figured might be because I installed the MySQL Ruby gem instead of installing the MySQL Ruby module from source.

The below code attempts to connect to the MySQL server to return the MySQL server version.

Read the rest of this entry »

DeliciousStumbleUponDiggTwitterFacebookRedditLinkedInEmail
Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Comments 4 Comments »