Earlier while troubleshooting an issue for a client of mine I ran into an issue when testing HylaFAX’s sendfax via the CLI. The error complained of some font files that appear to have been previously upgraded by someone else on the server which is running a fairly old version of Ubuntu Linux. Anyhow the error along with the quick resolution to the issue are noted below.
You can convert fonts from .t1 to .TTF for free Its easy to convert a font from Mac to Windows and if you are like me where this will only happen once in a blue moon then you can download a trial version of CrossFont to get the job done. One warning is that the font will not always look the same. You can convert the font to a couple different formats including PFB+PFM(PC PS Type 1 Font), AFM (ASCII Font Metric), or OTF (OpenType CFF Font). I tried both PFB+PFM and OTF and found that for the font I was converting that PFB+PFM looked much better when used with Adobe Photoshop.