I am fairly new to TokuDB but so far I am impressed with the compression it provides to the data stored within. One of my clients has a ton of data that is constantly growing and thus TokuDB made a lot of sense for the solution that was created. While becoming more familiar with TokuDB and trying different cloud solutions I ran into a minor issue installing TokuDB on a Google Cloud VM instance but explain how to resolve easily below.
While working on an upcoming article for QD I ran into an issue with the dnsenum.pl Perl script. I followed the process of installing the optional Perl modules and when I went back to test dnsenum it would no longer return any IP addresses. Instead of dnsenum returning actual IP addresses it was returning odd characters. It turns out there is some form of conflict between dnsenum.pl and the Net::DNS Perl module. Below I describe the dnsenum issue in more detail and provide a work around by manually downgrading the Net::DNS Perl module by hand.
I have been working with some older versions of Windows 2000 lately including Windows 2000 SP2 or Service Pack 2. On this version of Windows 2000 SP2 the version of Internet Explorer or IE is 5.00.3315.1000 which is completely outdated. I doubt that many others will be running into Runtime Errors however it is possible even in more current versions of Internet Explorer though the setting that resolves this issue is enabled by default so unless you have modified the settings you should not run into this issue. Below we describe the error in more detail and how to easily change a single settings to fix the problem.
Earlier today I was troubleshooting NFS or Network File System issues on a Ubuntu Linux server and ran into some specific errors. Luckily the errors were easily resolved by restarting portmap on the server. Below I show the error output on the server end in more detail, how to resolve the issue, and testing the Network File System mount from OSX.
While doing some testing this evening I ran into all sorts of errors when attempting to compile a new version of btscanner on Backtrack Linux 5 R3. Luckily it is super easy to resolve the error complaining about an unrecognized command named -Wimplicit-function-dec. This error will display when attempting to run “make” against an already configured (./configure) btscanner source. Below we output the error in more detail, explain how to resolve the error by editing the make file, and then display the compilation process moving past the error.