Restart Nexpose From The Nexpose Security Console Web Interface
Most people will likely find this on their own but since I couldn’t find a specific restart button within the Nexpose Security Console web interface I figured it would be worth noting in a short article. The below details describe how to restart the Nexpose Security Console via the Nexpose Security Console web interface.
Restart Nexpose Via Nexpose Security Console Web Interface:
- Login To Security Console: First login to the Nexpose Security Console using a URL similar to https://localhost:3780.
- Nexpose Web Interface Administration: Now click on Administration in the top navigation bar to open a window that will look similar to the below example image.
- Nexpose Web Interface Command Console: Click the Run link listed to the right of Troubleshooting under the Administration page of the Nexpose Security Console web interface to launch the Command Console as shown in the below example image.
- List Command Console Commands: If you wanted to see the available commands before you restart the Nexpose Security Console you can type “?” without the quotes as shown in the below example image.
- Restart Nexpose Via Web Interface: To restart the Nexpose Security Console via the web interface simply type “restart” in the Command Console displayed above and click Enter on your keyboard. If the command was successful your web browser will go blank though you can see Nexpose Security Console restarting by opening a new browser window and browsing to the URL you use to login to Nexpose. It will take a couple minutes though you will be able to see progress during the restart such as Loading CCE Dictionary as shown in the below example image.
Once Nexpose is finished starting you will get the normal login prompt and be able to login again.
You can also restart the Nexpose Security Console via the CLI however if you are in the web interface already the above makes sense.