WP 3.1.1 Patch Instructions And Download, Will Upgrade WordPress Version 3.1 To WordPress 3.1.1
Upgrading WordPress is typically fairly easy but you have to either upload every single file from the download or you have to weed what has been modified and what has not. Typically a list of modified files is provided by WordPress which makes it easy to follow along and upgrade your WP version however it is a pain to upload every single file in the release. The below article has two main objectives which first is to provide you an easy to read summary of enhancements, resolved bugs, and new features and second will be to provide you a zip file with only the modified files in the WordPress upgrade. We will do our best to provide such an article for all future WP releases within a couple days of the public release.
WordPress Ehancements, Bugs Resolved, & New Additions In WordPress 3.1.1:
Below are the three items that WP separated from the list of 26 tickets so we figured we would do the same and below the three items are all 26 ticket numbers and a short summary of what was ad
- Media Uploads: Security hardening to media uploads (r17569)
- PHP Crashing Bug: Prevent potential PHP crashes caused by complex hyperlinks (#16892)
- XSS Flaw: Correct minor XSS flaw on database upgrade screens (r17583)
Below is a summary of each one of he twenty six tickets that have been incorporated into WordPress version 3.1.1. We wanted to provide a quick summary of items enhanced, resolved, or added that was easy read and reference in the future if need be for WP 3.1.1.
- #16588: is_admin_bar_showing can return true when it isn’t
- #16674: TinyMCE version is not displayed
- #16464: get_term_by() returns WP_Error as well
- #16626: CPT archive rewrite rule doesn’t respect ‘with_front’ arg
- #16627: Rewrite query vars are stripped from custom taxonomy page URLs via redirect_canonical()
- #16639: Site inaccessible after upgrade to 3.1, due to endless canonical redirects
- #16640: Blank page when db pass is incorrect
- #16652: network_site_url() does not use main site
- #16659: Admin bar shows up when clicking preview link after theme installation
- #16662: Permalinks not working with ‘category’
- #16667: Admin Bar CSS Override Bugs
- #16703: Post permalinks that include %category% should not query the category
- #16704: Do not do canonical redirects for unregistered feeds
- #16717: Wrong error handling in query.php::get_posts()
- #16720: Network Admin – Site Search breaks Row Action Links
- #16730: query_posts() problem with multiple tags since 3.1 update
- #16742: Meta query doesn’t work with $wp_query->set()
- #16751: phpdoc breaks plugins in WP 3.1
- #16807: with_front => false doesn’t work with PATHINFO permalinks
- #16825: Conflict var name in _get_meta_sql
- #16857:  -> no more _make_cat_compat() on queried_object
- #16892: make_clickable segfault
- #16622:  Breaks category exclusion
- #16644:  Changed the format of our category links from ?cat=123 to ?category_name=slug
- #16733:  Broke PATHINFO custom taxomony permalinks
- #16846: wp_dashboard_recent_comments can generate hundreds of queries
So above are the tickets that were resolved and below is the list of actual WordPress files that have been resolved and will either need to be replaced or merged. If you need to merge any of the files then you should manually upgrade from start to finish and not use the patch.
List Of Modified Files Included In WordPress Version 3.1.1 Patch:
Above there are 29 total files in 8 different directories. All we have done for you is package those files into a zip file which can be downloaded by clicking here as well as below after the bold title.
Download WordPress 3.1 Patch To WordPress 3.1.1: Download Patch
To upgrade to WordPress 3.1.1 download the patch above, unzip it, and upload the files to your server. Once uploaded to the server visit the WordPress site’s wp-admin section, click the upgrade database button, and your site is now upgraded to WordPress 3.1.1.