We recently purchased a Roku to play around with at the Question Defense office. So far the Roku has been pretty slick even though the navigation is fairly slow. After browsing through all of the Channels in the Roku Channel Store we were surprised that YouTube was not one of the offerings available. The good news is YouTube can easily be added and will function as the other Channels on your Roku device. Follow the directions below to add a YouTube Channel for your Roku account.

Add YouTube Channel To Your Roku Channels:

1. Roku Account Add Channel: If you have not already done so sign up for a Roku account by visiting the Roku Owner site. Once you have an account or if you already had an account visit the Roku Add Channel page by clicking here which will open the below page where you can add channels to your Roku devices.

Roku Add Channel

2. Enter YouTube Channel Code: In the Add Channel field enter B8VVK, which is the YouTube channel access code, as shown in the below example image.

Roku Add YouTube Channel Access Code

Once the B8VVK code has been typed in the field click the green Add Channel button which will display the below confirmation window for the Roku YouTube channel.

Confirm YouTube Channel For Roku

Confirm the addition of the YouTube channel by clicking the green Yes, Add Channel button which will then display the below confirmation that the YouTube channel has been added to your Roku channel list.

Roku YouTube Channel Added

3. View YouTube On Roku: Now on your Roku the YouTube channel may not display immediately so enter the Channel Store and then click the Home button to visit your list of Roku channels. YouTube should now display in the list of available Roku channels as shown in the below example image from our Roku at the QD office.

YouTube Channel On Roku

You can now enjoy YouTube right from your Roku device.

New From: 0 Out of Stock
Used from: Out of Stock

Tags: , , , , , , ,
12 Responses to “How To Add YouTube To Roku, YouTube Channel On Roku”
  1. Eugene Colucci says:

How did you determine the correct YouTube channel access code?

Hello Eugene,

I just used the first one I located on the Internet which I believe came from the Roku forums. Hope that helps.

2. Eugene Colucci says:

Unfortunately, it does. Why unfortunately? I hoped to learn of a method to determine the channel access code for any streaming site so that I could create several private channels for myself, but if there is no way to figure out the access code for various Web sites, I guess I am out of luck. In any event, I appreciate your response.

Hello Eugene,

I believe that the access codes are created by Roku and then provided to users. So yo might try suggesting a site you want to access via your Roku to Roku support and see how they go about creating an access code.

3. Eugene Colucci says:

Thank you, Alex.

Hello Eugene,

No problem. Will be interested to hear what the answer is to your question, so let us know once you have it figured out. :)

4. Eugene Colucci says:

If I do learn something, I will forward the information to this site.

Hello Eugene,

Sounds good.

5. Eugene Colucci says:

I located this Web page– www DOT roku-channels DOT com –that provides a list of all (as far as I can determine) channel access codes. I am going to try some of them later tonight to see how they function.

Hello Eugene,

Cool. Thanks for taking the time to come back and post the above site! I plan to check out a couple of the channel access codes I located there!

6. Ron says:

I try to add YouTube B8VVK it will not take…it say “The chaanel code provided is not asscoiated with a valid channel.”

Hello Ron,

It’s possible the channel is not excepting new users however the channel is still working for me so I believe it to still be valid. Just to confirm you are just typing B8VVK and not Youtube B8VVK?