You Already Have Different Build Flavor Of Windows Live, Error: 0x80280008, Source: WaitForCatalog
While working on a customers computer this past Sunday afternoon I ran into an issue with Windows Live Essentials while attempting to update all of his programs. The error relates to updating Windows Live Essentials only and can be resolved by either skipping the specified update or really by uninstalling Windows Live Essentials and then reinstalling the components that you use. Below I have noted details about the error followed by how to uninstall Windows Live Essentials 2011.
Windows Live Essentials 2011: Couldn’t Install Programs
- Couldn't install programs
- You already have a different build flavor of Windows Live
- If you want to install this version, first uninstall the version that is installed on your computer.
- Error: 0x80280008
- Source: WaitForCatalog
Follow the directions below to remove Windows Live Essentials. Once removed you can either reinstall the Windows Live Essentials components that you use or just not install it again.
Remove Windows Live Essentials From Windows 7:
- Open Control Panel: First launch the Windows 7 control panel by clicking the Windows icon in the lower left corner of your computer and selecting Control Panel from the pop up menu.
- Programs & Features: Once the Windows 7 Control Panel is open click on Programs and Features so you can uninstall the Windows Live Essentials applications from your Windows 7 computer.
- Uninstall Windows Live Essentials: Click on Windows Live Essentials in the list of programs and then click the Uninstall/Change button near the top of the Programs and Features window. This will begin the uninstall process by opening a window similar to the below example image.
Select each item in the list and then click the Continue button to uninstall Windows Live Essentials from your Windows 7 computer.
Once the uninstall process is completed close the open windows.
- Windows 7 Updates: Now refresh the Windows updates by clicking on the Windows 7 Update icon in the lower right corner of your computer. Click the Check For Updates link to refresh the list of necessary updates. The Windows Live Essentials update should no longer be in the list.
If you want portions of the Windows Live Essentials package to be installed then download the Windows Live Essentials downloader from Microsoft. Some of the applications included in Windows Live Essentials include Windows Live Mail, Windows Messenger, Photo Gallery, Writer, and the Windows Toolbar.