Archive for February 2nd, 2010

A WordPress site I recently helped develop had an issue related to the header navigation. From a previous request certain pages had been excluded from the header navigation which can be completed in the Mandigo Theme Options section. In Mandigo you can simply check any page to exclude it from the header navigation. Typically if you want to simply add it back to the navigation you remove the check and the page will show in the header navigation in the order in which you have configured it to display using the Order Attribute. In this particular case when I attempted to remove the check and then click the Mandigo Update Options button it appeared to be successful but then the check would still exist in check box I had just removed it from. Below I describe the issue, how I realized what the conflict was, and how to resolve the problem.

Read the rest of this entry »

DeliciousStumbleUponDiggTwitterFacebookRedditLinkedInEmail
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments 4 Comments »

I was tasked with troubleshooting a Ruby Rufus Task Scheduler issue today so I started with reviewing the log files. Upon digging into the logs I noticed numerous errors which are expanded below. The primary error appeared to be a connection issue from Ruby to PostgreSQL as it was complaining about too many connections. While the server I was looking into is actively used in a development environment the connections limit of 100 should have been more than enough to handle the load. After looking into the issue more I found out that some large Postgres queries from within the Ruby code were causing the issue and once those were optimized things started working properly. Below I describe the errors noticed via the Ruby logs, steps taken to troubleshoot the errors, and final resolution.

Read the rest of this entry »

DeliciousStumbleUponDiggTwitterFacebookRedditLinkedInEmail
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments No Comments »

When I booted my Windows 7 laptop this morning to start working on a project everything seemed normal at first. Then I attempted to start Microsoft Outlook 2007 to view any new email and I received an error. At first I assumed that the error was a fluke and if I simply rebooted everything would work properly but this was not the case. I tried numerous different attempts to resolve the issue without success and then one of the easier resolutions I tried worked. After the fix I was using Outlook again in seconds to read and reply to email. Below I describe the error in detail, failed attempts to resolve the Microsoft Outlook 2007 issue, and then finally the command I used to resolve the issue. Before you begin I suggest reading the entire article and attempting fixes in order based on time to complete which will vary based on your computer. All of the below steps were completed on a Windows 7 laptop though the steps should be very similar for any version of Windows running Microsoft Outlook 2007.

Read the rest of this entry »

DeliciousStumbleUponDiggTwitterFacebookRedditLinkedInEmail
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments 22 Comments »