Archive for November 24th, 2009

This seems to be the week of the Rewrite Engine for me as this is the second semi unique modification I have needed to make to one of our servers rewrite rule sets. This time we have a site where all traffic destined for HTTP is redirected to HTTPS via the LiteSpeed Rewrite Engine. Currently there are no exceptions to this rule on the server except if you are already visiting HTTPS you obviously do not get redirected to HTTPS. So a description of the project along with the necessary syntax to exclude certain ports from your rewrite rule set are below.

Read the rest of this entry »

DeliciousStumbleUponDiggTwitterFacebookRedditLinkedInEmail
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments No Comments »

I started an install of Gentoo Linux this morning on a desktop at my house so I could test some browser stuff that purehate was seeing via his Gentoo laptop. I don’t think I have ever installed Gentoo but its possible a couple years back I installed it in the same scenario. Anyway I decided to download the x86 minimal install CD for the installation. After it was burned to CD I booted my desktop up and started the install. Once it was booted I configured the network interface, which in this case was eth0, and was able to test without issue to the Internet using ping. I proceeded with the installation including writing the partition table, creating the file system, and mounting my drives. The next step involved using links to open a gentoo.org URL to select a mirror and to my surprise it failed. Below I go into detail about the problem I ran into and the steps I took to resolve the issue. 

Read the rest of this entry »

DeliciousStumbleUponDiggTwitterFacebookRedditLinkedInEmail
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments 2 Comments »

I have been having a problem with the media browser uploader for a couple days since I enabled FORCE_SSL_ADMIN in my wp-config.php file. I finally got some time tonight to look into the issue and I am embarrassed it took me so long to resolve. This was a classic example of trying to make something more complicated than it really was. The issue ended up being with a WordPress plugin I had installed called Flexible Uploader. This plugin provides all the functionality of the flash media uploader to the browser media uploader. It turns out that this plugin has not been updated in a long time and some of the URL building functions have changed in the newer versions of WordPress. Below I explain how to easily resolve the issue.

Read the rest of this entry »

DeliciousStumbleUponDiggTwitterFacebookRedditLinkedInEmail
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments 2 Comments »